transients and dithering

hey there,

can dithering reduce or eliminate unwanted transient frequencies in your recording when you bounce?

sorry if this soundS like an obvious question, i'm curious because there's this song i've been working on and didn't dither yet because i wasn't sure if i was going to keep the version i had at the time... so i kept listening to the bounced, undithered track and there are these transients present...

to the unfamiliar ear, they may not appear yet but in due time will come out once you accustom yourself to the song and compare to other, professionally-recorded songs...

at first, i thought the transients were created from having boosted signals in the mix... so i reopened the mix file again and created more headroom in the mix and took out any limiters/compressors i had on...

on a side note, i'm using ozone 3 for the mastering along with logic...

any suggestions on how to remove unwanted transients? they're mostly in the upper frequencies (2K and beyond)

thanks

can dithering reduce or eliminate unwanted transient frequencies in your recording when you bounce?

No.

any suggestions on how to remove unwanted transients? they're mostly in the upper frequencies (2K and beyond)

Frankly, just a little adaptive limiter should take care of these. Ultimately, that's the most transparent solution.