Moved EXS Sample instruments to an external drive

camos

I moved my own custom samples to my "My Book Drive" and now Logic take as much as 15 min to load. I remember in Logic 7, you could set the path directly to your new sample location but can't seem to find the project manager in Logic 8. does any one no a faster way to do this? I have quite a large sample library and the load time is killing me...... Softly

Is your "My Book" drive formatted for a PC by any chance? FAT32? Always worth checking. Highlight the drive then select "Get Info" from the FIle Menu

Wow! It is formated MS-DOS File System (FAT 32). Now what does that mean to me?

It takes a while to load the sample but it does load. do I need to re format and will I have to dump all 250 GB to do so?

Damn, this is going to be trouble! :x

It takes a while to load the sample but it does load. do I need to re format and will I have to dump all 250 GB to do so?

Uh oh. That's probably it. To change it, as you figured, you'll have to copy all the contents elsewhere, reformat the drive, and copy it back. :( If you have another drive with 250+GB of free space, SuperDuper! is a good program to do that. Have it create an image on the destination drive, and copy your files to that image. Then after you format the "Book," use S.D. to copy the files from the image back to the drive.

Uh oh. That's probably it. To change it, as you figured, you'll have to copy all the contents elsewhere, reformat the drive, and copy it back. :( If you have another drive with 250+GB of free space, SuperDuper! is a good program to do that. Have it create an image on the destination drive, and copy your files to that image. Then after you format the "Book," use S.D. to copy the files from the image back to the drive.

Thanks bro I was afraid of that. :cry: