Selecting Tracks for multiple Solo

Zicky

Can someone tell me why I can solo multiple tracks at one time. For some reason when I select multiple tracks in lets say environment it's not allowing me to solo multiple tracks at one time, when I select solo in environment even though multiple tracks are highlighted when I choose solo on the channel strip it only selects that one

What if select multiple tracks and click "S" key? What happened if you select them one by one?

yeah, I can select them one by one, but that's not what I wanna do. I wanna select (Highlight) multiple tracks in the environment, and by able to solo all of those selected tracks at once. I get the feeling I can't do that in Logic 7, but I just wanted to make sure.

Hey Shiver

Thanks for all the environment tips.

I have set up to control fader 'solo' with button 6 in mixer environment!

BTW there is no 'Button 6' option in 'New' menu in my Logic 8 prg - had to choose different button and assign using inspector values on left of screen where a 'Button 6' option is available under style menu [bUG!?].

My main question - is there any source for Ctrl meanings.

Following your example 'solo' is Ctrl 3 in my prg. I am very familiar with many Ctrl functions but many others are generic Ctrl Number with no meaning explained.

Knowing these would help programming meaning in environment or do I need to assign them? If so I am really missing something!

Hey thanks again for all the environment info - I have got a lot from this forum!!

I am an old Notator and early Logic user when the prg shipped and I had to design my mixer in the environment. Just getting used to this new world after 10 years absence. Love the new automated environment features for mixer and plugins

Cheers

Hey Shiver

Thanks for all the environment tips.

I have set up to control fader 'solo' with button 6 in mixer environment!

BTW there is no 'Button 6' option in 'New' menu in my Logic 8 prg - had to choose different button and assign using inspector values on left of screen where a 'Button 6' option is available under style menu [bUG!?].

My main question - is there any source for Ctrl meanings.

Following your example 'solo' is Ctrl 3 in my prg. I am very familiar with many Ctrl functions but many others are generic Ctrl Number with no meaning explained.

I am an old Notator and early Logic user when the prg shipped and I had to design my mixer in the environment. Just getting used to this new world after 10 years absence. Love the new automated environment features for mixer and plugins

Cheers

I don't know why they don't show button 6 (or why we can't change it to a yellow color). Any button/slider will work.

If you are familiar with cabling a monitor object to the output of a channel strip you should be able to see the value. Mostly, they should be a fader value.

I couldn't imagine anyone writing down every value for every parameter.

It is easier to set up the monitor and click on whatever parameter you need the value for. Luckily, there is a pattern to make control an easy thing.

2094958414_Picture5.png.949e32b2547ae491586764cb7d5cafa7.png

Can someone tell me why I cant solo multiple tracks at one time.

With great respect to all Cabling Gurus, unless I have misunderstood the question, you guys are on the wrong track complicating an issue which does not need Faders etc...

Zicky .... you need hold down SHIFT key when you select multiple tracks. Whether region or Environment.. this enables you to gradually build up a number of selected objects.

click say Audio 1 at the bottom in the Environment so it is highlighted, then holding down SHIFT add as many other tracks as you like - then hit Key Command for Solo and they will all solo. ( Check out the Manual regarding SOLO Lock.. all useful in this connection). ( I just tried it: select Audio 1, then hold shift, add Audio 2 etc etc.. they all end up highlighted)

Also look at Group Settings: here you can assign a number of audio tracks/channels etc to the same Group ( ie all drums .. all horns.. all vocals etc) and then by selecting just one of the Group and pressing Solo, then the whole lot will solo ( When you open Group Settings, you have a box for all the operations you want to apply to that Group - so check 'SOLO" and the group will solo with one click)

( this is from my old knowledge of L7 .. a great programme - I have yet to try it in L8 .. dont be put off by anyone telling L7 is not a great programme to stay with :)

all best

Music Spirit

With great respect to all Cabling Gurus, unless I have misunderstood the question, you guys are on the wrong track complicating an issue which does not need Faders etc...

Zicky .... you need hold down SHIFT key when you select multiple tracks. Whether region or Environment.. this enables you to gradually build up a number of selected objects.

click say Audio 1 at the bottom in the Environment so it is highlighted, then holding down SHIFT add as many other tracks as you like - then hit Key Command for Solo and they will all solo. ( Check out the Manual regarding SOLO Lock.. all useful in this connection). ( I just tried it: select Audio 1, then hold shift, add Audio 2 etc etc.. they all end up highlighted)

Also look at Group Settings: here you can assign a number of audio tracks/channels etc to the same Group ( ie all drums .. all horns.. all vocals etc) and then by selecting just one of the Group and pressing Solo, then the whole lot will solo ( When you open Group Settings, you have a box for all the operations you want to apply to that Group - so check 'SOLO" and the group will solo with one click)

( this is from my old knowledge of L7 .. a great programme - I have yet to try it in L8 .. dont be put off by anyone telling L7 is not a great programme to stay with :)

all best

Music Spirit

You can put the track(s) in solo safe mode and click on a solo button. That should be the quickest fool proof way. Control click on the solo button(s).

As long as you high light the Arrange window regions directly or by shift clicking on the track header itself, the solo key command will work. It will not work from the mixer/environment window.

However, after going to all that trouble, all will be lost if you need to edit a region. Then you will need to re-select everything again.

MY LP7 will not group solo (LS 8 will, but not 7) Maybe I need to activate a switch or setting. Where is that setting? Volume. Pan, and Mute work great, but not Solo.

I wish it had the Solo box like AUTOMATION settings has, but it doesn't.

So I would say stick with the Solo Safe method.

MY LP7 will not group solo (LS 8 will, but not 7) Maybe I need to activate a switch or setting. Where is that setting? Volume. Pan, and Mute work great, but not Solo.I wish it had the Solo box like AUTOMATION settings has, but it doesn't.

...shiverme' you are correct - disregard my last transmission regarding Group Settings. ( A little knowledge is a dangerous thing)

One last gasp suggestion for Zicky.. could you not just rubber band all the Regions of the tracks you want to listen to and Solo Lock/Safe them ? That would give you the possibility of hearing a group of audio channels...

all best

Music Spirit

I just tried what you said it did not work, not sure what I did wrong, but again it doest not work...