Total newb needs some help on Logic 5.0.1 setup

azza

Hi all.

Ive been struggling with this for ages now and mustve read just about every site on the net but I still have the same problem...no sound :(

Ive gotten to the point where I can get sound from 1 of the Logic demo songs, but not the tutorial or any of the other Demo songs.

Im on a P4 1.7ghz laptop with 1gb of Ram, WinXP Pro and a SoundMax integrated soundcard?

I have tried every combination of settings in the Audio Hardware setup but still cant get anything to make a noise, cept that 1 demo song.

Any help with the Audio Hardware and Drivers setup would be very much appreciated!

if u want to invest alittle get a firewire pcima card and an audiophile 2496 firewire thats the ticket to your sucess i would think as onboard audio esp soundmax is like bottom entry level and u wont have much sucess get the stuff most likely under 200 bucks

and your little lappy will be a good asset for you if you have the time maybe do a reinstall of evrything steps i would take 1 os resintall 2 the install laptop drivers for system componets 3 then if u have the audiophile firewire load the drivers for the audiophile first then hook up the soundcard 4 install logic again with all your instruments if you hsve them saved in exs24 format also when logic opens for the first time if will ask u to do your audio settings uncheck pc av and all it properties that would be in audio and theres also an audio 2 on the audio perferences tabs so back to audio in the setup uncheck everything in audio. then click on the audio 2 tab uncheck I/0 setting but now choose an asio driver and also make sure that asio is checked thats a must also i would chooose a larger disk buffer since your laptop will need it use it so help it helps like huunter said....... works for me...........