How much memory is enough?

DBGaither

How much RAM do you have?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. How much RAM do you have?

• 2Gb
    • 2Gb+

Again, newbie here. I am using a 2.4GHz MacBook Pro with 2Gb of RAM. When I hook up my keyboard and start noodling around, the sound will cut out every 10 seconds or so. I'd like to use this in a live environment, but I can't with it only "mostly" working.

I've read some of the other posts, I've tried turning off Airport and iChat and TimeMachine. And quitting other applications. Still I experience this problem. I have plenty of hard disk (500Gb, 100Gb avail) so I'm wondering if more RAM will solve this problem? As I shop for RAM, I can either to to 4Gb pretty reasonably or max out at 6Gb for $200 (ouch at this time).

So, where is the line between RAM/Peformance vs Dollar$?

It doesn't sound like RAM is the issue here, 2 GB should be enough to play most instruments without it cutting out every 10 seconds.

You should list your hardware (controller, interface) and I'll bet somebody here can help you solve this problem.

Good Luck!

P.S. - The answer to the "how much is enough" question is the same with every application;the more the merrier!