Mapping Volume Pedal to Sustain Pedal Jack?

Pete

Is it possible to use the "Learn" function to have a Volume Pedal plugged into a Sustain Pedal jack recognized and remapped to work volume/expression?

Sustain is an on/off switch, volume is not. No, this does not work, because your MIDI keyboard doesn't expect a pedal on your sustain input.

Thanks mmm42! I guess I can stop trying to make it "learn" that then :lol:

At the moment I have three controllers plugged in to MainStage in my studio:

I play the weighted keys on a Yamaha 88 key piano, spin the rotary knobs on a little Oxygen 8 and I have a Korg M1 plugged in just for it's volume pedal. :)

I plugged all this junk and booted up MainStage finally for the first time trying to find a way to reproduce my real hammond/leslie and I got to say -- I'm shocked at how well MainStage's been working even with no extra audio interface straight out of my MacBookPro.

It's great to have all the logic keyboards available live and my fave plug-in synths like ZEBRA-- though now I guess I have to seek out a better controller to lug around -- though i'd still want something to do organ and synth bass pedals like a Roland PK-5 or something with 2 octaves would be even better... i wonder if those units have volume pedals attached close by like they do on organs-- and if anyone here is using MIDI bass pedals they can recommend ?