2 Audio Editing Questions

Jayvee

Hello there, all knowledgeable,

I used to do more editing in Pro Tools, but have worked solely in Logic now for over 3 years...

I have 2 questions that have come -up as a result of increased editing in a a few projects:

1. I love beig able to Scrub, but can I have anything like a 1/2 speed playback?

2. Is there a way for me to highlight the zero-crossings (I know that's automatic in the Audio Edit Window) of a couple of corrupt waves, and at the push of a button, have them removed along with having the new end-point and start points merge?

Do you know what I mean?

1. You can scrub manually with the Solo tool, but you can't just set it to 1/2 speed. You can only set the max speed to 'normal' or 'double' in Audio > Audio Hardware and Drivers

2. Not sure what you mean. You can set 'Search for Zero Crossing' as an option in Arrange, Audio window and Sample Edit window. Then as you adjust Region start/end or perform a cut, Logic will perform the operation to the closest zero crossing.

In the Audio window and sample editor you'll find the option under 'edit', in Arrange under 'Audio'.

Yes, I'm talking about the Sample Edit window.

So, when I do this, it will remove the selected region, and join the ends?

Is there a difference here, between the menue choices of 'Cut' or 'Delete'?

(Cut doesn't, yet, have a key command on my system...but I'll certainly create one if there is a difference)

Thanks so much.

So, when I do this, it will remove the selected region, and join the ends?

Yes, exactly.

Is there a difference here, between the menue choices of 'Cut' or 'Delete'?

I don't see any 'Delete' option.

'Clear' does what you wanted and leaves the clipboard alone.

'Cut' is the same and also copies the selection into the clipboard, losing whatever the clipboard was holding.

Archived