Automation Problem help please!.

8EBREAKZER

ok i have automation set up for the send so when ever a snare hits i get delay just on the chosen snares.. when i rubber band the regions to move them the automation wont move with the regions???.. i have the automation preferences all ticked properly with either the 'ask when move automation' or 'always move automation with regions'.. why wont my send automation move now when it has in the past when i move my regions?.. what on earth am i doing wrong here, what am i missing or forgetting..?... this is really frustrating because i'll have to go through all of my tune to redo this automation again..

He is saying I think When you automate Send information, it is presumably automating something assigned to a bus coming in on an Aux. So it is the Aux that is being automated. So he is saying you can click in a blank region where the automation is and simply move it to the Aux track in the Arrange window.

It is a clever idea, but it will not work, which is not surprising as even though we are "attaching" it to a region, it IS Track Based Automation, not Region based, so copying or moving the regions with automation will only work on the same track.

Conversely, what you originally tried to do works fine here.

He is saying I think When you automate Send information, it is presumably automating something assigned to a bus coming in on an Aux. So it is the Aux that is being automated. So he is saying you can click in a blank region where the automation is and simply move it to the Aux track in the Arrange window.

It is a clever idea, but it will not work, which is not surprising as even though we are "attaching" it to a region, it IS Track Based Automation, not Region based, so copying or moving the regions with automation will only work on the same track.

Conversely, what you originally tried to do works fine here.

ok so the automation will only move if its on an actual region..? yes the automation of the send is in a blank track which makes sense to why it wont move with the regions.., is there anyway way to be able to grab/highlight all of this send automation i have spent hours zooming in and out of writing in the blank send aux region?, or will i have to delete it all and rewrite it all again?.. my brain is overloaded from to much time spent on logic today..

As suggested, with the pencil tool, create regions on that blank aux track that encompass your automation. As long as that pref is set to "Always" then the automation will move as you move the regions.

But only on the same track with Send info here.

Yes, I assumed we were discussing sends from an aux track. But maybe we're not?

As suggested, with the pencil tool, create regions on that blank aux track that encompass your automation. As long as that pref is set to "Always" then the automation will move as you move the regions.

But only on the same track with Send info here.

Yes, I assumed we were discussing sends from an aux track. But maybe we're not?

Oh I assumed we were discussing sends TO an aux track. :)

ok i just dragged and dropped the regions down to the blank send automation then moved it to where i want it all to be and the automation moved with it yay!!!.. i then dragged the regions bak up to there proper place.. cheers guys!.

Sorry 8EBREAKZER, I should have been more clear.

Envelope was the wrong word choice.

To move automation on an aux track, create a region in the arrange window with a pencil. Any automation points within the region will stick when you move the region around.

(I know you've already got it sorted. I'm practicing explaining for my own benefit.)

Cheers.