My 8 month old likes Justice (the "band')

After 8 months of trying to play Mozart, Back, Satie and Thom Yorke to my baby, today I played Justice and started dancing frenetically (what else would you do with Justice on?) and he started laughing out loud!

OK so not sure if it was the music or my "dancing" but what a fun moment.

If you really want him to freak out you should try a Roghan Josh Gosht recipe I have.

Years back my son went bananas for a couple of hours.

Red Curry is still one of his favourites.

And then apply the music.

:D

It's a wonderful taste McSperience,and one of my faves too.

David,

I have the same experience with my twin girls. 6 months old, I play Bach, Handel, Bartok, Hindemith (actually the baroque period quiets them a lot)....but then put on some progressive DJ station in iTunes and make funny moves in front of them and they are enrapt.

Hopefully one doesn't negate the other!

Congrats again!

I think that exposure to music is very important for children of any age. I find that they hear certain theme songs for the few programs I allow them to watch and they know the song before they look at the tv. Music, it seems, is almost innate language (which seems strange that it took us as a species so long to produce it).

WOW! Has it been 8 months already since you announced the arrival of mini-David??? Man, time files like crazy!

Always a winner ... check out TMBG stuff for kids. My little girl loves their stuff.

Oh, and you have to check out the Rockabye Baby series, if you want lullabies à-la Radiohead or Led Zeppelin.

(which seems strange that it took us as a species so long to produce it).

?

More and more research shows we've been at it at least30,000 years.

Probably longer.

I stand corrected! Good to know and actually quite affirming. I suppose I was thinking of more structured music, but then who knows?!?!

thanks.

Even more evidence for the overwhelming importance of music.

A friends baby does this in a very peculiar way. 7 month old girl, and unless there's a guitar and and heavy drums she walks away, but if there are then she starts getting really psyched with a pumped aggro look on her face and walk in a circle quite aggressively.

...She's going to be awesome.

my 14 month old daughter will not go to sleep until Justin Timberlake's Sexyback has played at least a couple of times. I hate that song. Justice sounds like a wonderful detour. Please tell me how you did it :lol: