Logic for PC vs Logic for Mac

Hello!

I have to work on a editing and mastering project to do..

The recording was done with LogicStudio on a PC and I'm using LogicPro8 on a Mac, will I have a problem to read it and work on it??

:?

How can I transfert the project without having to bounce it and keep the best original quality??

Thanks for helping!

There never was a Logic Studio for PC. Logic Audio Platinum, Gold, etc., but not Studio. To load these in Logic Pro 8, you'll need to load them and save them in Logic 7 first. This converts the project from the old format. Then the new file can be opened in LP8.

Logic 8 will open Logic 5 files (but it won't open anything earlier)

BUT

you'll need to save any third party effect/instrument settings using the plugin's own preset system, as Logic 8 will read those effect/instruments as non-existent, even if you have the AU version installed, and Logic 5's built-in preset format (it uses the VST standard for third party plugs iirc) is incompatible with Logic 8

but from the sounds of it, you should have no trouble, if it's just audio you're working with