Reverb - hard or soft?

Hardware sounds way better. Even ten year old units sound way better than new plugins, so yes theres something else than just "code". Software reverbs highend is really bad, when compared something from Eventide for example. Sure i love Space Designer with Bricasti and also those orchestral hall impulses. When you hear it you know it :). I'm not saying that i'm using always hardware reverb, i'm just saying both have their uses. And yeah.. have you heard Yardstick ?. Compare it to Altiverb and you'll cry :lol:.

My Favorite

All that hardware verbs are is an IC in a box with algorithms, just like your mac. The only advantage to hardware verbs these days are the "legacy" verbs and the ability to take the DSP load off of your computer. Other than that, verbs like SD and Altiverb are much more flexible and capable (IMHO).

Say that to the Bricasti M7. :-)

I'm considering getting the M7, but right now I'll be using the CSR, BReverb and the SD (just for SFX though). And the TC M3000.

The SD certainly isn't as flexible or capable as the M7. Generally convolution reverbs aren't very flexible.

This +1 I just heard my 1st Bricasti M7 WOW! Up until then my favorite reverb has always been the Lexicon PCM70. The M7 is wonderful.