Ain't No Sunshine

isaro68

Cover of "Ain't No Sunshine" done this morning. Waiting for female vocal (and solo) in the next couple weeks. Two acoustic guitars panned hard left & right. Piano, bass & drums come in together. Getting the brushes to sound realistic was a challenge fo sure. Everything was stock Logic instruments except, of course, the acoustic guitar. Hope you enjoy.

http://soundcloud.com/isaro68/aint-no-sunshine-1

PS. I hope I'm not hijacking this particular topic/forum, by posting so many songs. It is not my intention. I've reached my limit on Soundcloud anyway so I'll lay off for a while.

Thanks Slamthecrank.

Well, I'm a drummer and get to play brushes each weekend for a couple tunes in the first set (during dinner) so I'm at least familiar with what should be going on like subtle open hi-hat hits, occasional snare accents, kick drum should be real light, and everything should flow smoothly to accompany the tune. I've neve tried quantizing a brush pattern on the computer but I would think it would sound a tad mechanical. Yeah, the bass is the "Studio Upright Bass" but I don't know about that ESX24 that you speak of. My brother told me about that, what is it? Is that where you can alter the sounds to what you prefer? Like I stated in an earlier post, I've got tons to learn but everyday is a new page.

Thank you again for the feedback

Oh, the EXS24 is the sampler that is used within Logic... so yeah, if you used the Logic Studio upright bass channel setting, you were using Logic's sampler - which is top-shelf in my opinion (and many others) - and it sounds fantastic on your track. You can see the instrument name in the channel right above the fader (in the mixer window) - if you double click the instrument (EXS24), you can alter it's settings etc. but really, there's no need for that when dealing with samples like Upright Bass, unless you wanted to seriously alter the sound in some way.

Looking forward to hearing more tunes from you.

Cheers!

Archived