Logic Studio Used as a Live Arranger!

Guest saco12311
Go to solution Solved by slamthecrank,

Hello Everyone! Is there any way I can control logic studio's music sequence with an arranger keyboard like the Korg I30? I want to really get into detail about this! I basically want to use the I30 to play like a live keyboard with chord progressions, fill-ins, breaks, ext.., but with logic's music! I guess the main question would be if logic studio can be used as an arranger and not a sequencer! This might be a really complicated question but i have to give it a shot! Any help will be greatly appreciated! :? :? :?

NOT EXACTLY, I PRETTY MUCH WANT TO CONTROL THE WHOLE SHI-BANG, I KINDA LIKE MAKIN THE WHOLE THING UP AS I GO, BUT WITH A PROGRAM SUCH AS LOGIC, U'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN WHEN U PLAY AN ARRANGER TYPE OF KEYBOARD............. IF THERE'S ANYONE OUT THERE WHO FEEL'S MY CONCERN, THEN SIMPLY SAY YES, BECAUSE I DONT THINK ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE!

NOT EXACTLY, I PRETTY MUCH WANT TO CONTROL THE WHOLE SHI-BANG, I KINDA LIKE MAKIN THE WHOLE THING UP AS I GO, BUT WITH A PROGRAM SUCH AS LOGIC, U'LL KNOW WHAT I MEAN WHEN U PLAY AN ARRANGER TYPE OF KEYBOARD............. IF THERE'S ANYONE OUT THERE WHO FEEL'S MY CONCERN, THEN SIMPLY SAY YES, BECAUSE I DONT THINK ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE!

Yes? :?:

IF THERE'S ANYONE OUT THERE WHO FEEL'S MY CONCERN, THEN SIMPLY SAY YES, BECAUSE I DONT THINK ITS BEEN DONE BEFORE!

Oh ho! It HAS been done before.

Beer Moth already said "yes"!

Wait. That wasn't what you meant, by "Say yes, because i don't think it's been done before," was it?

Jon... I think it would be helpful if you were to define some of the terminology you are using.

If you want to make it up as you go... then... won't any virtual instrument do?

And if you mean triggering a "clip" of prerecorded audio or midi - such as in Ableton Live, then I think fader8 gave you the answer. If that's not what you're looking to accomplish, please describe with greater detail what you're after.

!YES!, IT HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE!! BUDDDDDDDY! I DONT WANT TO CONTROL A MIDI CLIP! I WANT TO BE ABLE TO MAKE A 8 BAR LOOP AND CONTROL ITS FUNCTIONS RIGHT OFF THE BAT, CHORD PROGRESSIONS WHICH YOU CAN CONTROL ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE KEYBOARD AND USE A SYNTH LEAD ON THE RIGHT, SPILITING THE KEYBOARD IN A HALF, THEN HAVING MORE AVAILABLE OPTIONS LKE FILL-INS, BREAKS, DIFFERENT VARIATIONS! WITH THE WHOLE OUTPUT OF THE AUDIO ON LOGIC!.... IT HAS NOT BEEN DONE BEFORE IN THIS SCALE, U CAN DO PRETTY SIMILAR STUFF BUT NOT LIKE THIS!, DO U FEEL ME!

IM TRYIN TO START SOMETHIN NEW HERE BRO HELP ME OUT!

YOURE EITHER WITH ME OR AGAINST ME?

No need to shout.

Yes it can be done.

You need to read the manual sections on Environment,Chord Memorizer and some other stuff probably.

I've got an old Yamaha PSR SQ16 in the cellar that would do it too,though not with Logic's 'music' obviously.