Logic disconnecting from Audio Interface

bl0odoolo0p

Hi -

I am having the worst time with this. Logic keeps dropping the connection to my audio nterface(s). It is happening both with a metric halo 2882 and when I disconnect that and connect up an m-audio firewire 410. Sometimes I get no error message when this happens and sometimes I get this message:

Error while trying to synch audio and MIDI

Sample rate 43092 recognized

Check conflict between Logic and external device

Every time I get this message the sample rate is different, but it's always a weird random number. I've trashed everything there is to trash, I've updated everything there is to update. I've run every diagnostic/permissions repair/disc repair/cache emptier/etc. etc that I know about. I've "reset all midi drivers" in midi prefs. I tried running the system from another user account.

Whenever it happens I can re-engage the audio by resetting the sample rate in the Project Settings/Audio (switching from 44.1 to something else & back) but it just keeps happening over and over again.

Any ideas? Am I missing a hidden corrupt pref? This has been going on for a few days and it's driving me nuts already.

Logic Studio 8.0.2

Metric Halo 2882/M-Audio FIrewire 410

MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

OSX 10.5.6

thanks much for any help/ideas...

david f

error.jpg.3822307222068e1e733cc8e09a9ce02d.jpg

it happened to me just the other day. what i did was delete the latest components that i installed recently and reinstall one by one to find which one caused the problem. and it turned out to be my PSP delay. i hope it works for u.

Hi David - Just tried that after you suggested it and it happened again - I didn't lose audio, but Logic stopped and I got the error message posted above.

What could this be?!? Do I need to re-install the OS? Any other ideas?

thanks,

-df

Try removing the Digi core audio drivers. Remove the "Digidesign CoreAudio.plugin" file from:

Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL folder.

Digidesign/M-Audio core audio drivers can screw up other interface drivers, even if the device isn't connected. It's really quite amazing how they're able to do this.

I had the exact same problem with my FW410 after about a year of using it w/out it issues. I had to send it back to M-Audio twice to get get fixed but, the problem persisted. They eventually finally just replaced it and now the new one works fine.

Well, I've tried all of the above - and much more - and the problem persists. But I have noticed that if I am offline that it seems to happen much less. And I can almost MAKE it happen just by going online and clicking on a link or two in Safari.

Does that make any sense at all? Is it a significant clue or just random coincidence?

This is going on week two - I've been doing computer midi/audio for a long time - since Notator/Atari and I've never had a problem last so long as this has. I'm really getting desperate...

thanks,

-df

My laptop is always plugged in and it happens when I have nothing but the interface connected.

I only have one firewire port. But I don't think it's the external devices situation because it happens even when I use the built-in audio.

thanks,

-df