undoing folders

Johnsherry

This has happened a couple of times, apparently I accidentally hit the "f" key when I had command down and turned one of my regions into a folder, with the little folder icon in the upper left corner of region and I can't access the notes in the piano roll editor. I tried to unpack the folder and suddenly I'm in another arrange window with only the one track with the folder/region. How do I undo this?

Thanks,

I tried to unpack the folder and suddenly I'm in another arrange window with only the one track with the folder/region.

This sounds like you've entered the folder not unpacked it. To leave the folder double click the background. You can jump in and out of folders very easily.

If you wish to unpack the folder the KC Command+U will do it but creates a new track. You can also go to Region > Folders > Unpack Folder (Use Existing Track) and this will leave you back where you started.

HTH,

Alan.

PS I find folders very useful, they're well worth checking out.

Well, it doesn't seem to work. I select the track, then the region with the folder icon in the corner, then Region/Folder/ unpack folder using existing tracks, and all that happens is the region is no longer selected and the icon is still on the region and I still cannot open it in piano roll editor.

Well, it doesn't seem to work. I select the track, then the region with the folder icon in the corner, then Region/Folder/ unpack folder using existing tracks, and all that happens is the region is no longer selected and the icon is still on the region and I still cannot open it in piano roll editor.

Try it again. You don't have to select the track. Just select one folder, and choose Region > Folder > Unpack Folder. It should work.

I tried again using "unpack using existing track" and it wouldn't do it so I tried it with "create new track" and it did unpack it in a new track, so I just dragged it back to the original track and deleted the new track.

I probably should have just tried that option earlier.

Thanks for the help.