Freeze Files Freezerburn

jonoshling

Alright hopefully this isnt too totally an idiotic question...

After a song project is completed and has been basically shelved and just sitting in your hard drive - what do people do with any remaining freeze files which can (in my case several gigs) really take a chunk of memory (being the freeze files in the project folders). do people "unfreeze" all their tracks before leaving a project? -or is it safe to trash those files?

-OR have i overlooked something in the creation process of the project folder where as it can be set up to NOT save the freeze files in the folder?

Gotta apologize again for on reading my own question it really seems like a "duh" kinda question and borderline laziness on my part.

But am curious as to other peoples take on this.

• 2 weeks later...

My post got shuffled back pretty far with no response. Hope this isn't too obnoxious by bumping my own post but i thought id give it one more shot before i gave up on the question.

Thanks in advance to anyone that wants to chime in on this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey thanks for the reply shivermetimbers...I think now Ive got a grasp of the concept for "frozen files" in that they're basically used only when the project is "in progress" to lighten up/free up cpu load- but when said project is done and shelved those files are useless- a mute point so to speak. and can be tossed.

sorry on the simplicity of the query folks- but I'm thinking feedback's always good to seek out no matter how weak a question.

thanks again shivermetimbers.

Hey thanks for the reply shivermetimbers...I think now Ive got a grasp of the concept for "frozen files" in that they're basically used only when the project is "in progress" to lighten up/free up cpu load- but when said project is done and shelved those files are useless- a mute point so to speak. and can be tossed.

sorry on the simplicity of the query folks- but I'm thinking feedback's always good to seek out no matter how weak a question.

thanks again shivermetimbers.

Not a bad question at all I'd say. It's surprising that Logic doesn't prompt you to do this or that there isnt' a way to do this via the audio bin.

Not a bad question at all I'd say. It's surprising that Logic doesn't prompt you to do this or that there isnt' a way to do this via the audio bin.

Freeze Files are automatically deleted when you unfreeze the track. If you save your project with the tracks frozen, the freeze files won't be deleted.

Archived