logic 7.2 midi problem with tascam FW1082 control surface

JboY

Ohh So emabarasing!, I was mixing in logic 7. had already set up the control surface,a tascam FW1082. everything seemed fine and was full functioning as far as i could tell( the faders moved and scrub worked.

I had opened the track before and not changed any thing in the program other than eq /compression etc....

now the logic 7 says: poss.conflict of 3rd party midi/audio drivers... so i updated the tascam drivers from the tascam site... I also updated the firmware as it instructed.. still having the midi error message and it its confusing. the indicators all say there is no problems... now i had gotten it to work again since the update of the driver /firmware, but it failed again... :? ... it seems there is a discrepancy in the system recognizing the diff between the FW1882 or the FW 1082 control surfaces... i had this working for weeks and now i dont know ... I am a new logic guy & mac... My mac is a Power pc 2gigdual late model3.5 gig ram running 10.4.11 mac OS

thank you for reading this and any knowledge on these tascam units would be appreciated, Jboy

It has to work. I had that set-up for a long time (logic express 7.2 with tascam fw1082, now I work with logic 8)

have you already tried to remove / reinstall the logic software and tascamdrivers?

what do u see when you go to : preferences> control suraces> setup?

Hello, thanks for Answering! greetings to the Neth!

Yes i removed & upgraded the drivers after the dreaded updates. it was working fine for one session & then was the same (after removal & updating fw1082 firmware.

am waiting before i reinstall everything ... thinking its in the security update (the most recent one for 10.4.11 or it is the "propac" one for the intel specific new pro

(mine is the PowerPC last revis.

I want to avoid the re-instal as all my files are in place ...

Johnny