Copy automation for track

Guitarfreak

I have some pretty complex automation on this track that took me a long time to get just right, and I need to make a copy of the track to post to the other side. I made a dupe of the track but the automation didn't come with it :cry: Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

-Jake

Just right click onto the instrument track that you want to copy the automation from (menu opens) - choose:

"reassign track object" - >Mixer->Audio->choose an audio object. Then Logic will ask you if you want to copy the automation data, click confirm and your done! (hopefully :P)

Let me know if this helps.

• 1 year later...

Months old, but still struggling.

Just right click onto the instrument track that you want to copy the automation from (menu opens) - choose:

"reassign track object" - >Mixer->Audio->choose an audio object. Then Logic will ask you if you want to copy the automation data, click confirm and your done! (hopefully :P)

Let me know if this helps.

This works, however, now I can't mute the original track. The two tracks simply become clones of eachother. I opened the automation event list, but I don't really know what I am looking at or how to use it.

Oh, I see. I just tried it. It's just like MIDI information, but the number values were throwing me off. I was seeing a lot of intermediate numbers when I expected to see 0's and -∞'s. Copy and pasted the seemingly random data and everything matched correctly. Thanks!