Latency problems

prog_aubert

Hi, i am having difficulties with the guitar recording. After few minutes, a big latency makes impossible to record a guitar decently. I take the metronome, and when i heard the result, the guitar is like 1 or 2 seconds behind the click, so there's a big latency. Then i go in the preference in Audio, and set off the Core Audio and set it on again, so its restarting and i have no more latency problems for like 1 minute. After, it comes back. Its quite strange, because there's no latency when I take a virtual intrument or a sampler, its just with the line-in/line-out. I have a MacOS X 10.5.6 (9G55) 2,1 Ghz, with 1 go RAM

I dont know if its just my laptop that isnt powerful enough, but i found this quite embarassing, i just want to record a simple guitar track in time with the metronome

If someone already had this problem in this forum, juste send me the link please..

Yes, i read a little bit about latency and i learn that the buffer must be the lower possible to have the minimum latency. Actually, my buffer is at 32, the safety buffer is at off, the recording delay is at -5000 ms, the 4 fonctions under is at on, the size of the calculating buffer is small, the rewire is at reading mode, the maximum scrub speed is double and scrub is at ''most quick''

I dont know if all that is good, i only know that the buffer must be low and small to have minimum latency, but i still have the problem. In fact, I already tried to put the buffer size at 1024 and the latency was almost the same.