Help with bouncing bass?

NicolaiIversen

I think what your refering to is sidechain compression.. which makes your bassline duck when the kick hits..its pritty simple in logic...First get a kick lined up on a channel, then on that channel go to the send and select a bus (i.e bus 1). Next thing to do is get your bassline set up, then on that channel strip insert a compressor..in the top right hand corner of the compressor there is a sidechain dropdown box, go to that and select the bus you just created (bus 1) your compressor is then triggered by the kick and not your bassline. Next thing to do is adjust the ratio,attack,release controls till you get the desired effect!

Hope this helps

Lee

I like to this effect, it very to fun to play with. Anyway, to get that type of sound, the most important part is to keep the compressor threshold pretty low. I usually don't put it higher than -40db, or somewhere around there. From there you can tweak the settings to your liking