Enternal Instruments and Bank Selection (JP8080) Help Needed

fabriciom

Hello, I'm having problems selecting banks when using Instruments and Multi under enviroment. Can someone let me know what is the best way to select banks on my JP8080. The deal is that on the JP8080 the banks do not go from 1 to 128. The JP8080 memory consist of 384 preset and 128 user patches; 192 preset and 64 user performance... Edited by fabriciom

You should browse the template section of this forum for a template that contains multi-instruments for all major synths out there - it's got to have one for yours.

That would beat having to re-program the bank changes yourself.

Didnt find anything...

If you double click one of the midi channels of theJP8080 instrument in the environment window the instrument names pop up and I think its in the right corner there is a drop down which says program custom program bank messages. I will have to look when I get home how I programed it.

You have to send a bank message MSB? every time you go from 11-18 to 21-28 etc. You can then create the next set of program names on the next page of the window you double clicked in the environment. So you create one page for 11-18 and then go to the second page and send a bank change for 21-28 etc.

You can look in the Owners manual in the Midi section at the back how to send the bank change messages to the JP8080. You can also create these messages to move from the User Banks to the ROM Banks. In logic for the JP8080 Midi Instrument select the bank number then the program number to change programs.

If you double click one of the midi channels of theJP8080 instrument in the environment window the instrument names pop up and I think its in the right corner there is a drop down which says program custom program bank messages. I will have to look when I get home how I programed it.

You have to send a bank message MSB? every time you go from 11-18 to 21-28 etc. You can then create the next set of program names on the next page of the window you double clicked in the environment. So you create one page for 11-18 and then go to the second page and send a bank change for 21-28 etc.

You can look in the Owners manual in the Midi section at the back how to send the bank change messages to the JP8080. You can also create these messages to move from the User Banks to the ROM Banks. In logic for the JP8080 Midi Instrument select the bank number then the program number to change programs.

Hi, if you have it working and can send me the environment i would really appreciate it.

-Thanks