Logic 8 and Novation Nocturn

Has anyone had any success with using the Nocturn? I got mine today and absolutely CANNOT get the speed dial to work. It's pretty flakey in other areas as well by all accounts.

Im using 8.02 and have tried the Automap software vers 2 and 3

thanks in advance

Has anyone had any success with using the Nocturn? I got mine today and absolutely CANNOT get the speed dial to work. It's pretty flakey in other areas as well by all accounts.

Sorry to say I can't add anything other than a confirmation that the Nocturn has been something of a disappointment for me too. It seems like such a good idea but, in practice, I find it very frustrating to use and neither the speed dial, nor the slider, seem to do much of anything.

I've been able to map the regular dials and buttons in Logic but, even then, sometimes they seem to be a bit screwy. I too have tried AM2 and AM3.

I keep imagining I am missing some setting that will make it all work.

m/

I can use the dial fine, although the slider does not assign by default in logic.

Have you followed the setup instructions for Nocturn in Logic?

Are you using Automap 3?

Make sure you have automap 3 installed and then follow the instructions for DAW setup on the HUD link that are for Nocturn in Logic.

I have a remote SL 37 as well and the Nocturn is a pain in the arse for some instruments as so few things can be mapped per page, I use it alot more for dj'ing in Traktor and using as a plugin controller in Ableton so I don't have to swap templates.

Archived