Hung and missing midi notes

robbzz11

HI

II've just upgraded my Audio/Midi System to reflect a smaller house im moving to LOL

before i had seperate Audio and Midi units Digidesign 882 and Midi Express

through and old G3, running Logic 4.5

i now have Logic 6 and M Audio firewire 410 and i am using the midi in/out

on the 419.Everything works, but i keep getting hung notes and missed notes from the synth

changed the midi cables but didn't help i haven't a clue what the problems is.

Anybody help !!

Thanks

Probably the drivers of your MIDI interface keep everything in their buffer and then all of a sudden spit everything out without any timestamping so Logic sees it as coming all at once. See if they have more recent drivers, or try to uninstall and reinstall the one you have, and make sure you repair permissions on your system drive right after the install.

If that doesn't do it, I recommend getting a better MIDI interface. I'm really not a big fan of M•Audio anyway. I'm using the Emagic MT4 and have never had a problem.

Good luck!

Hi

Thanks for the tips,

I have already checked for the latest driver with M Audi and I already have it installed. I will try to re-enstall

i'm not a techno-guy and the Digi and MOTU stuff i had for 12 years worked perfectly from the start so I never had to bother about anything

I don't understand about "repair permissions" how and where do i do that and what does it mean ??

The idea of the M Audio was to keep everything compact in one unit ,Midi and Audio together. But it looks like that idea is not going to work. Although M Audio tell me it should work. (has anybody else got this problem ??)

The Audio side works as good as the old digidesign 882 i had ....anywaycan you suggest a reasonable priced Midi interface that is simple to install and work if all else fails

Thanks

Robb

In your /Applications/Utilitites/ folder, open "Disk Utility". Select your system drive and you will see a "repair permissions" button. Click it and wait for the progress bar to be over ( a few minutes).

This is a basic maintenance you should do after installing anything in OS X.

I'm not a big fan of M•Audio, personally I think their products are not of a really good quality.

If you can find an Emagic MT4, go for it.

Hi Just to let you know got a MT4 today set it up and all problems vanished,

But it is really pissing me off that the midi on the M Audio 410 doesn't work properly.

Any one reading this beware !!! before you buyan M-Audio 410 firewire

THE MIDI DOESN't WORK Properly !!!

Thanks again for your help

Robb