Crackle on Midi playback

immortal

Hello,

I am suddenly getting crackling during playback, coming from an Audio Instrument (EXS-24 Grand Piano, in this case). I realised from looking in the Matrix Editor that the crackle is being caused by one specific note being played at higher velocities (C2 in this case). If I change to another Instrument (another piano sound from EXS24, for example) or delete the C2 notes or even lower their velocity, the problem goes away, but this is no good to me. Why am I getting the crackling all of a sudden? How can I fix this?!!

From reading through other posts, I thought I'd increase the buffer size above 512, but this didn't change anything.

I am running Logic Pro 7.0.1 on Mac OS 10.4.1 with 2GB RAM.

I haven't had any problem like this before. PLEASE HELP.

Many Thanx

just a quick follow up to my question:

It seems that only EXS24 (Grand Piano) seems to efected and only when using the sustain pedal. all other project where I have used Grand Piano are doing the same thing.

The crackling, which sounds more like a distorted crash cymbal happens when playing the midi keyboard only when using the sustain pedal. and it's not just C2 that's playing up. C2-E2 are giving me problems.

Help would be very much appreciated :(