FCB-1010 Foot Pedal - basic programming question

treeboxterry

I've spent the last couple of days trying to get my new FCB-1010 working with Mainstage. Can someone provide an explanation of this process that starts from the beginning? I have done a lot of digging, and I can't get the pedals to be 'learned'. I did get the buttons to step through Mainstage patches... but no pedal action.

I need to set up this Behringer pedal-board - and I want a basic setup that would include starting with a factory re-set FCB-1010. I need:

1. Programming to drive a basic setup in Mainstage with buttons to step through Patches.

2. One pedal working as a volume control

3. Second pedal as an expression pedal that I could switch to control Wah pedal or other expression.

I've viewed all the YouTube videos I can find - but they're not Mainstage examples... except for the ones for using the looper.

Also, is there a document available that lists the CC values that Logic/Mainstage need to associate with different actions? One source I viewed said that CC values are better than midi notes for the buttons. I'm not sure of this.

Anybody got this working and willing to share the knowledge?

Sorry, I see that I posted this in the Logic forum and that it's mainly a Mainstage question. Although i think it's a question for both. Maybe a moderator could move this post?

I've spent the last couple of days trying to get my new FCB-1010 working with Mainstage. Can someone provide an explanation of this process that starts from the beginning? I have done a lot of digging, and I can't get the pedals to be 'learned'. I did get the buttons to step through Mainstage patches... but no pedal action.

I need to set up this Behringer pedal-board - and I want a basic setup that would include starting with a factory re-set FCB-1010. I need:

1. Programming to drive a basic setup in Mainstage with buttons to step through Patches.

2. One pedal working as a volume control

3. Second pedal as an expression pedal that I could switch to control Wah pedal or other expression.

I've viewed all the YouTube videos I can find - but they're not Mainstage examples... except for the ones for using the looper.

Also, is there a document available that lists the CC values that Logic/Mainstage need to associate with different actions? One source I viewed said that CC values are better than midi notes for the buttons. I'm not sure of this.

Anybody got this working and willing to share the knowledge?

Sorry, I see that I posted this in the Logic forum and that it's mainly a Mainstage question. Although i think it's a question for both. Maybe a moderator could move this post?

Mainstage is much easier to figure out than the FCB1010.

Your FCB1010 can be reset back to factory, so check your manual for that.

Once that is set, you can review chapter 4 and 5 of that little MAINSTAGE 2 manual that came with your Logic 9 software for instructions on using the LEARN command. It basically involves selecting a parameter, hitting the LEARN button and selecting a FCB control. Mapping can be changed 'on the fly.'

Mainstage is much easier to figure out than the FCB1010.

Your FCB1010 can be reset back to factory, so check your manual for that.

Once that is set, you can review chapter 4 and 5 of that little MAINSTAGE 2 manual that came with your Logic 9 software for instructions on using the LEARN command. It basically involves selecting a parameter, hitting the LEARN button and selecting a FCB control. Mapping can be changed 'on the fly.'

Thanks for the reply. I guess I could have worded my request better... I meant that I'd already reset the FCB1010 to factory, and by "digging" I meant I'd already read the Mainstage manual. I should have been more literal.

The "Learn" process in Mainstage, or Logic, is clear to me. What's not covered is how to make a specific piece of hardware, namely the expression pedals on a FCB1010 send a learnable stream of data to Mainstage or Logic when no data is detected. The generic info in the Mainstage manual doesn't address problem controllers that need their own programming.

All that said... in the meantime I've managed to make contact with the 2 expression pedals on the FCB. I'm not totally confident in my abilities to execute complex programming on the FCB, but I now feel like I've seen a glimmer of light on the 1010 horizon. After I've got a better grip - I'll post an example that might help others who have read the Mainstage or Logic manuals - but need help with that specific device's programming.

Archived