Every note should be smaller than the previous one

Zettt

Hi,

This is an advanced question. I know that it can be done with Transform, but I'm currently totally blocked.

My result should be something like this: 4 notes are in the Piano Roll. Each note should be smaller/larger than the previous one.

How can I achieve this goal? Transform should be good to handle this problem I just don't know how. :?

Thanks in advance,

Zettt

Hey

If you are referring to the change in velocities it can be done with Transforms Crescendo option

Oh yes ofcourse to revers the crescendo change/reverse the velocity settings

by default is 1 to 127 to reverse make 127 to 1 and if the change is too radical change the numbers until you get a desired result

regards

My result should be something like this: 4 notes are in the Piano Roll. Each note should be smaller/larger than the previous one.

How can I achieve this goal? Transform should be good to handle this problem I just don't know how. :?

Yes, use the Transform window, and in "Operations on Selected Events", under the "Length" column, choose "Rel. Cresc." and a length value. Then click "Select and Operate".

09-001.png.b2a3548c64e319d53b5c4a7771704d62.png

• 2 months later...
Can you tell me please why Transform sometimes does it's work and sometimes refusing to do anything to the notes?

Make sure that your region is still selected - that's caught me out on more than one occasion.

But also be aware that, when using the Inside Parameter, Logic uses different reference points for bar 1 during the selection process and the operation process.

To explain further, the operation process references bar number 1 as bar 1, while the selection process references the the beginning of the region as bar 1. The problem is that these two reference points will not be the same, if your region starts after bar 1.

The simplest workaround is to set the Inside parameter for the actual bar position of the notes, make your note selections manually and use the Operate Only button to apply the operation.

The Transform Window is quite buggy, but once you get to know the quirks, you can work with it.

Tom

Being the old fashioned guy that I am, I'd create an accelerando in the Tempo Track, SMPTE Lock the Region, then erase the accelerando.

Done.

And this way you can tweak the tempo curve exactly to your liking before committing to a result, which you can't to that extent from the Transformer window. You also avoid fiddling around with the transformer's start and end points, which are always cause for fun and excitement.

Christian

Being the old fashioned guy that I am, I'd create an accelerando in the Tempo Track, SMPTE Lock the Region, then erase the accelerando.

Done.

And this way you can tweak the tempo curve exactly to your liking before committing to a result, which you can't to that extent from the Transformer window. You also avoid fiddling around with the transformer's start and end points, which are always cause for fun and excitement.

Christian

Yes, this is a neat trick that I have used for creating drum rolls and other effects in the past.

Tom