Logic Pro 9.0.1 released

This update improves overall stability and provides numerous fixes and enhancements.

Issues addressed include:

• Flex Markers can align & snap to MIDI notes

• Performing a punch-in recording with Replace Mode now behaves correctly

• The I/O plug-in adds an option for latency compensation

The update is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9.

Logic Pro 9.0.1 Update

This update improves overall stability, provides numerous fixes and enhancements, and is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9.

Some issues addressed include (but are not limited to):

* Replace mode now functions as expected when Punch Recording.

* Trimming a region now behaves correctly for regions whose first transient is quantized.

* Using "Paste at Original Position" in the Arrange window now works as expected.

* Using track import Replace to channel strip used on multiple tracks in the Arrange window now works as expected.

* Correct automation values are now maintained when one region is moved over another with the "Move Automation with Regions" option.

* Addresses an issue where the Save button on a Logic/Mackie Control stays lit when pressed with some projects.

* The Reassign Track shortcut menu now correctly displays the currently assigned channel strip object.

* Text Only mode for the Toolbar now remains in effect when an option is clicked on the Toolbar.

* MIDI commands can now be assigned to key commands with fixed assignments.

* Clicking solo on a channel strip no longer selects the channel strip.

* Fixes an issue where Logic would quit unexpectedly if the grid value in the Hyper Edit Convert Event definition dialog was changed.

* MIDI regions now play at the correct tempo when scrubbed with the Solo tool.

* Current project Mixer settings are now correctly maintained when importing tracks with "Send all fader values" enabled.

* EXS24 now correctly displays all parameters in Editor view for instruments created in Logic 8.

* Logic no longer quits unexpectedly in recording situations where both a MIDI and audio track are record enabled and the MIDI track is not selected.

Enhancements implemented include:

* It is now possible to measure and provide latency compensation for an external signal chain that is routed via the I/O plug-in.

* You can now snap align Flex Markers to MIDI notes within other tracks in the Arrange window.

* The Automap feature for Novation MIDI controllers now functions when using the Logic Studio plug-ins.

* Apogee's UV-22 dithering algorithm now an option when bouncing audio files.

a bit off topic, but, does the L9 upgrade update an already installed L8 or does it install its own complete L9 version separate from L8?

You have to have L9 installed - of course.

But, if you mean "I have L8 and I want to buy the Logic 9 upgrade version", yes, you will end up with installations of both Logic 8 and Logic 9 on your computer, and will be able to run either one - you'd have to delete Logic 8 manually if you want it gone.

I am impressed at the speed of this release. I never thought we'd see one this fast. Very impressive response time. I see they released Mainstage 2.0.1 with this update.

Some faith restored for me today. Both my versions of Logic are working flawlessly for me (although 9 is definitely faster/snappier).

Maestro2be

Besides so many rumors, I'm glad to know that Apple isn't putting the professional people to the corner. A release to correct the bugs so soon, show us some respect. Really appreciated. Thanks Apple and programmers to address our problems, I really hope that we could go this way from now on. Thanks and lest's check it.

But, if you mean "I have L8 and I want to buy the Logic 9 upgrade version", yes, you will end up with installations of both Logic 8 and Logic 9 on your computer, and will be able to run either one - you'd have to delete Logic 8 manually if you want it gone.

right, yeah, thats what i meant

thanks!

Well, the toolbar now works properly. If you set it to display just icons it doesn't revert to icons + text when you click on one of them.

That's not completely true on my MacBook Pro anyway. Set the toolbar for text, click on one, and you get text and icons.

That said, I usually hide the toolbar anyway, but you'd think they'd get it right.....

Archived