MIDI Note length

Raddler

Hi ,

I've looked around, but can't seem to find an answer!!

Is there a way to not have logic remember the lenth of the midi note that you had previously painted? So if If I paint a 16th note, then drag it's lenth to an 8th note, and then paint another note, logic puts down an 8th note. I want the 16th note I started with!!

And secondly, is there a way to , in one click and drag, lay down a series of individual 16th notes(let's say to make a hi hat pattern). Sort of a pain to paint them in one by one!!

Thanx

I can offer some help to the second part of your thread. You need to create a blank region and go to the hyper editor in the bottom of the arrange window. In the Hyper editor drop down menu Select Create GM Drum Set. That will fill the LH column with standard drum settings. Then in the Inspector you can change whatever you need to match your own drum settings. With the pencil tool draw in the notes you need. on the lane eg HHat. you can change the Grid, Pen width, etc from the inspector. If you need more info check out the manual. It's too much to write a completely detailed instruction in this forum. Remember,,,,, the manual is your friend. :D

Is there a way to not have logic remember the lenth of the midi note that you had previously painted? So if If I paint a 16th note, then drag it's lenth to an 8th note, and then paint another note, logic puts down an 8th note. I want the 16th note I started with!!

Not exactly what you're thinking, but . . .

Using the Pencil tool, create a 16th and an 8th note somewhere. if you're painting 8th notes and you want to change to 16th, just click on the 16th note with the pencil tool. This doesn't create a new duplicate note, it just forces the tool to adopt the new note length.

This is definitely an annoying thing for me as well. It happens when I am doing key switch notes. If I highlight a note to hear what it sounds like, then go to create another key switch note, it's the same size as the note I just played.

Not that big of a deal though in the grand scheme of things because I am sure one day I will wish it were the way it is.

Maestro2be