Marquee Tool problem in Logic 9.0.1

Shy-Guy

Hi peeps,

Right i've stumbled across a problem...

Now this is for drawing automation on the sends only!

For some reason when i highlight the area that i want automated with the Marquee tool and then move it up to the db i want with the pointer tool it doesn't allow me to do it.

I've found that i can select an area i want with the marquee tool on the volume automation but when i move it down with the pointer tool it take ages to go down to 0db

Is anyone else having these problems or knows how to solve it?

Thanks!

Seems to be working fine for me. Set up a softsynth track and recorded some midi notes. Set up a bus/aux send and inserted Space Designer and a level on the send. Opened automation for the original track and selected the send. Used the marquee to section off an area of the region, clicked on it with pointer and created two nodes. Put the pointer in between the nodes and pulled up creating the expected result which Logic 9 followed. Was this your procedure? - Emile

Seems to be working fine for me. Set up a softsynth track and recorded some midi notes. Set up a bus/aux send and inserted Space Designer and a level on the send. Opened automation for the original track and selected the send. Used the marquee to section off an area of the region, clicked on it with pointer and created two nodes. Put the pointer in between the nodes and pulled up creating the expected result which Logic 9 followed. Was this your procedure? - Emile

Yes that's what i did but it doesn't move up or down after it creates the two dots?

Any ideas?

Just out of curiosity, are you setting you send level before trying to automate it? Or is the send set to -inf before you add the nodes and start to move it?

Also do you have "Snap Automation" turned on in the snapping options? I've had this make this sort of thing difficult before as it tries to snap each of the pairs of nodes to the same bar/beat so it doesn't recognise there are 4 rather than 2.

It seems that the adjustment is much finer in the lower dB levels, to allow for more accurate adjustment, but this does mean you will have to move the mouse a LOT further to start the line moving upwards. If you start at 0dB for example, the line should move up and down freely. It does for me anyway.

My method was simply, make new audio track, make a send, set send to 0dB, use marquee tool to make selection, and drag the line up and down. Works as I'd expect it to.

Yes that is a problem, It works if the value is not off, or let's say with the volume or mute. But if you do want to automate a send and the value is off initially it seems to not move. But what I have found is it does move but it moves as if it's set 100ths of the position. you have to keep moving the mouse up until you notice the movement. That is very frustrating.

Hi peeps,

For some reason when i highlight the area that i want automated with the Marquee tool and then move it up to the db i want with the pointer tool it doesn't allow me to do it.

Thanks!

HOLY MOLE !!!!! when could logic do this!!!!! ive been waiting forever to do something so simple that pro tools has always done!!!!! yay - just in time for mixing this week!!!

thanks so much - and logic 9.01 came out REPLACE MODE WORKS i hear!!! this is the best day!!!!!!

Guy's i still haven't sorted this problem so i've uploaded a vid just to show you whats happening (it's only 2mb)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a4ooke

Let me know if you have any thoughts!

Thanks!

It seems that this is related to this bug:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=47360

The problem is that you are running out of screen space due to this bug.

Try this:

Drag the arrange window down and align the automation track to the low border of your screen.

Now drag the node selection up against the top border of your screen.

OR

Drag up repeated times (10 times) until you see a change in values.

Guy's i still haven't sorted this problem so i've uploaded a vid just to show you whats happening (it's only 2mb)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a4ooke

Let me know if you have any thoughts!

Thanks!

It seems that this is related to this bug:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=47360

The problem is that you are running out of screen space due to this bug.

Try this:

Drag the arrange window down and align the automation track to the low border of your screen.

Now drag the node selection up against the top border of your screen.

OR

Drag up repeated times (10 times) until you see a change in values.

Hey man thanks for your reply i've done this and yeah.... after about ten time of moving it up it finally moves. Surely I shouldnt have to do this though. I never have to do it with Logic 8.

I'm guessing this is a bug and is not going to get sorted till 9.0.2?

hi

the same here. only happens to volume and send automation.

It doesnt happen on singel nodes, just selecting a line inbetween two nodes.

Pan, instrument /FX parameters-automation can be edited as supposed.

christian

Yup this is what i have!

Is there no fix of it yet?

There is currently no 9.0.2, if apple see it as important enough it'll get fixed IN TIME. Find some kind of workaround for now and wait in line with everyone else who wants logic to change.

Why not try setting your maximum level and turning down the bits you don't want the effect on instead. It's only 1-2 more button clicks and it'll save you the stress of worrying about this, and get you back to making music.