Muliple automation lanes quick switch [SOLVED]

alwync

Say you have 3 different lanes of automation for a track and I want to swich views between them quickly in arrange automation screen,

is there a key command I'm missing ? I have been using the auto define key command as that's the best I could find but it really does not work that great, it will switch views but once you have switched views of all the automation it ends on a off state so you have to revert to using a mouse anyway

I hope there is a keycommand for this if anyone knows a way to do this, sorry if this has been discussed before I did a search but didn't find anything.

Say you have 3 different lanes of automation for a track and I want to swich views between them quickly in arrange automation screen,

is there a key command I'm missing ? I have been using the auto define key command as that's the best I could find but it really does not work that great, it will switch views but once you have switched views of all the automation it ends on a off state so you have to revert to using a mouse anyway

I hope there is a keycommand for this if anyone knows a way to do this, sorry if this has been discussed before I did a search but didn't find anything.

Nothing is perfect.

Here is something I do with my nanoKontroller.

As long as I don't switch Automation off - I set up as many lanes per track as I need to work on. Then I assign the Vertical Zoom in the Controller assignments (not key command). This way, I can leave the automation view on but decrease the vert zoom until I don't see the automation lanes.

1592514575_Picture3.png.92ccf0239566329c2dfa09bde9c4cc86.png

109859562_Picture4.png.6ca13c87229d42766548675e2f116c0b.png

146419820_Picture5.png.735e9df6a120f86c470ed0f462349948.png

Yes Hyper Draw: Autodefine"

if you select one of the drop down automation lanes and use this kcmd you can switch the views without it getting "stuck" on the display off state but as soon as the first lane that has the region in it is selected and you perform the kcmd then it gets stuck at "display off"

can you confirm if it works with logic 9/9.1 in the first lane view with the region ?

hope that makes sense

Nah, I just meant that this is the key command... he already found it.

And he already explained why it's not working as expected. Works great to cycle through parameters in Hyper Draw view, but not in Track automation view.

Correct, but that's it, that's the command... there's unfortunately no other key command for this... the command by nature goes back to an off state.

alwync,

Are you also saying that your command ends at the off state and will NOT keep cycling through?

My Auto define key command cycles the same exact way in Automation view as it does in Hyper Draw... and after it goes to the off state, if I hit it again it continues to cycle again.

My Auto define key command cycles the same exact way in Automation view as it does in Hyper Draw... and after it goes to the off state, if I hit it again it continues to cycle again.

Really? It doesn't here. If I have, say, Volume and a plug-in automation parameter, and I'm viewing volume, press Auto Define, it goes to off, and if I press it again it stays on off.

Yes Hyper Draw: Autodefine"

if you select one of the drop down automation lanes and use this kcmd you can switch the views without it getting "stuck" on the display off state but as soon as the first lane that has the region in it is selected and you perform the kcmd then it gets stuck at "display off"

can you confirm if it works with logic 9/9.1 in the first lane view with the region ?

hope that makes sense

If a region on the track is Selected then the key command is operating auto define on the Region, but if no regions are selected it operates on the track. So if you select the region and the region has no automation in it, the key command will appear to do nothing, and it won't operate on the track either. And yes, mine will continue to cycle through parameters - in both instances... track and region.

Really? It doesn't here. If I have, say, Volume and a plug-in automation parameter, and I'm viewing volume, press Auto Define, it goes to off, and if I press it again it stays on off.

That's strange... but yes - work here... cycles through over and over here - if I hold the key command down I get a little flip book of automation.

[Yip you right if a region is not selected it cycles through... great !!!! i can live with that

Correct! HAaaa so you had to unselect the region(s). I finally got it. :roll: :lol: I had a region selected but I was in automation view, so when you use Auto Define it starts going through some of the parameters then gets stuck on Display Off.

[Yip you right if a region is not selected it cycles through... great !!!! i can live with that

Correct! HAaaa so you had to unselect the region(s). I finally got it. :roll: :lol: I had a region selected but I was in automation view, so when you use Auto Define it starts going through some of the parameters then gets stuck on Display Off.

I see what was happening... Yeah... it's sort of strange, if the region is selected Logic has to cycle through the Automation for the track before it starts cycling through the region - but if the region doesn't have any parameters it will just seem like the key command isn't doing anything.

I see what was happening... Yeah... it's sort of strange, if the region is selected Logic has to cycle through the Automation for the track before it starts cycling through the region - but if the region doesn't have any parameters it will just seem like the key command isn't doing anything.

Ok but you say with you even if a region is selected (with automation data in it) it will still keep scrolling though ? if so are you on L8 or L9 ?

Ok but you say with you even if a region is selected (with automation data in it) it will still keep scrolling though ? if so are you on L8 or L9 ?

No, no... it will keep scrolling through the region automation, NOT the track automation. Here's a different explanation:

Track automation view is on, the Volume and Pan automation of the track have data / nodes, currently track Volume is showing... a region on the track is selected, and it has Modulation and Expression data. If you use the auto define key command, Logic will cycle to track Pan, then track display off, then go to the region automation and begin cycling through that over and over.

Basically, if the track is selected, and NO regions are selected, the command will always cycle through the track automation - over and over. If you select a region then Logic will cycle through the track automation (if it's on and displayed), sort of to turn the track automation "off" before it then cycles the region automation and will then continuously cycle through the region automation. If track automation is "off" and a region is selected with automation Logic will just cycle through the region automation.

It just always seemed like the key command "stopped" cycling when a region was selected because the region probably didn't have any automation data in it... so Logic would cycle out of the track automation - go to the region - and then stop, because the region had no data to cycle through.

Hope that makes sense... :) lots of words, heh

Archived