MPD24 + Repeat Note ... HELP :(

Ket

Hi Guys,

i'm quite new to the whole controllers and drum pad thing. Principally i've not used them.

OK, so i'm debating over the 2 following

MPD24 and the Korg PadKontroller

QUESTION:

The MPD24 has all the faders and rotary knobs i need for controlling stuff when mixing (which i would mainly use it for)

BUT the question i have is the korg has a flam and roll button BUT has no faders or knobs...

so

1) does the roll and flam work on all patches/instrument? or does the instrument need to be set up to somehow have a roll/flam sample?

2) on an MPC is this done via the repeat note?

3) Can i "simply" assign one of the MPD pads to toggle on/off a repeat note/flam and roll type effect

4) the big question... is this done easily or is there some heavy scripting/environment stuff to be done and it ends up becoming an real pain in the proverbial to set up and use?

5) i've seen some people somehow set up a controller to work in a way that: the more pressure they apply the quicker/shorter the note repeats (i'm guessing this is what they call gradual CC change) does the MPD24 have this functionality?

Apologies, because i don't really understand how this all works - i have a rudimentary understanding of Midi and how to use it

All help and advice is very welcome

Ket :)

Archived