Jump to content

Audio Midi sync error with Apogee Duet and Logic 9.0.1


Spiralsurfer

Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

 

I've done a lot of searching on this topic and found several possible solutions, none of which have worked for me. I keep getting audio midi sync errors with varying sample rates detected and a message saying conflict with external device. This has only started happening for me since upgrading to from Logic 8 to Logic 9, and has persisted through the upgrade to 9.0.1 and also through system upgrades from 10.5.8 to 10.6, and now to 10.6.1. All the way through I have been using the same Apogee Duet, which has the latest Apogee software update installed.

 

I've tried all the different buffer settings in Logic, checked my sync settings and tried everything else I can think of, and nothing seems to stop this happening. I've seen some posts on other forums that say the problem is triggered by saving a file, for me that's not the case, it seems more random. There doesn't seem to be any obvious consistent cause that I can see. I can't even reproduce the error consistently when I deliberately try performing the most recent action before it last happened.

 

Usually I reset core audio by switching back and forth between I/O buffer sizes and applying changes and that fixes it temporarily. This has happened working at 44.1k and 96k, I tried both as I originally thought perhaps it was only 96k projects, but no such luck.

 

Am I missing something obvious here? Some sort of sync preference setting that is causing the conflict? I'd actually be really happy if it is something like that rather than a software/hardware conflict that is going to require an update from either Apple or Apogee to fix.

 

Any ideas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply. I haven't tried that, but I will. I only recently uninstalled the Apogee Duet software and installed the September update, as per the Apogee website instructions, so I didn't think to rebuild the preferences as I figured they would be updated or replaced along with the new version of the software. But I'll try it anyway, hell at this point I'll try anything :?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

hmm, what a drag.

I haven't seen this particular problem, and I am now stumped....

unless,

since the Duet has unbalanced outs, there might be a ground electrical loop/short/field causing some sort of interference....?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies guys, I think I have managed to at least improve the issue by setting Audio Sync Mode to MTC Continuous in Synchronisation settings. The latest Logic Pro 9 manual actually recommends the MTC setting if audio and midi aren't in sync, whereas before it was set to external or free. I'm not actually sure how or why it was set to external or free, but it seems it was causing problems.

 

I'm getting far fewer sync errors now, which is something at least! We'll see how it goes throughout the week, but it does seem to have improved substantially.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is independent of the interface you're using so you do not need to reset the interface preferences.

I'm having the exact same problem with a MOTU 828 MKII.

I will try the MTC setting suggested and see if that helps, after all it is a sync problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...