Tiger to Snow Leopard?

(First off, I apologize for posting this, 'cause I'm sure I'm the billionth person to ask this question. However, I couldn't quite find all the answers I need searching the forum.)

Okay...I would like to upgrade to Snow Leopard (I'm still on Tiger) and would like your opinions if you think I'm good to go.

I have a Mac Pro, 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon ("Quadcore") processor, 4 G of RAM, currently running Tiger, 10.4.11.

The main programs/peripherals I use are Logic 8, Sibelius 5, Apogee Ensemble, M-Audio Midisport 2x2 (to connect my piano keyboard to computer). I also use the iLife stuff frequently (iMovie, iTunes, etc.) but it goes without saying that that stuff should work perfectly fine.

Also, assuming I'm ready to go to Snow Leopard, do you guys recommend upgrading to Logic 9 and/or Sibelius 6? I mean...would 8 and 5 work perfectly fine on Snow Leopard?

I love my Mac and Tiger, but I really don't think I should be two OS's behind.

I should point out that I do need this stuff (Logic, Sibelius, etc.) for work so it's important that an upgrade would run smoothly.

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

I do not think the jump from Leopard to Snow Leopard is much at all, however the jump from tiger to leopard is quite a leap.

I would suggest that you get up to speed with Leopard first. Snow leopard is great for the future, but for the time being Leopard is recommended.

Follow this link, perhaps you have already read it:

http://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=47077&highlight=