Setting logic to use an external clock

Rydizzle

I need some help when it comes to configuring logic. I have a lavry blue a to d converter connected to a digi 003 via s/pdf. I am wanting to use the clock in the lavry instead of the digi. I have no problem in pro tools doing this. At the start of a project I just select clock source as s/pdf and I'm good to go. But I can't find out how to do it in logic. Can someone please help me out? Thanks

Logic doesn't use a clock. Logic simply take the digital words (the stream of zeros and ones) coming from your interface, and places them in an audio file.

Your audio interface needs to use a clock - not Logic. Since your audio interface is the Digi003, you need to go into the Digi control panel and set its clock to s/pdif.

Thanks, I understand that logic itself doesn't use the clock, I just was confused because the way I changed the settings in pro tools was in the software, so I figured that I would also change it in logic. I'm unsure of how to access the control panel, could you explain how? Sorry this is kind of getting off the subject of logic.

Thanks, I understand that logic itself doesn't use the clock, I just was confused because the way I changed the settings in pro tools was in the software, so I figured that I would also change it in logic. I'm unsure of how to access the control panel, could you explain how? Sorry this is kind of getting off the subject of logic.

I haven't used a digi interface in a while. Back in the DIgi001 days, I had a Digi Core Audio control panel or something like that, I would open that (or it would open automatically, not sure), and choose my settings there.

Archived