load sound patch (.sysex) into mainstage

poiuytrezaman

Hi,

I just started useing mainstage 2 and logic, I think it great but I have a question and I hope someone can help me out.

I have a microkorg and I used to work with sysex files which I loaded into my microkorg with MS2000Librarian. But now I want to completly tranfer to mainstage 2 for my live performances but I can't seem to figure out how I can load my sysex patches into mainstage 2 (So get the same sound I get on the microkorg but inside mainstage2). I hope this is possible because I don't want to lose the sounds I have created with my microkorg.

I hope someone can help me and remember I'm new to this kind of stuff so please give detailed information

Thank x

I have a microkorg and I used to work with sysex files which I loaded into my microkorg with MS2000Librarian. But now I want to completly tranfer to mainstage 2 for my live performances but I can't seem to figure out how I can load my sysex patches into mainstage 2

You can't, because MS2 can only deal with MMC SysEx. But there is a very easy work-around: SysEx Librarian http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/ allows to send any SysEx to external devices triggered by a MIDI program change message. That fits very nicely into the MS workflow, because MS2 can easily send a program change on patch changes to a certain MIDI port.

thanks for the reply but I'm not sure I understand it correct.

So what you have to do is create a patch in mainstage that sais it has to use the sysex file in sysex Librarian?

And could you please explain how I have to do this, I've downloaded the program and my sysex file are loaded inside the program.

So what you have to do is create a patch in mainstage that sais it has to use the sysex file in sysex Librarian?

You need to create a patch with a external instrument channel strip. Set the port to SysEx Librarian. Then in the inspector tab, choose a unique program change number.

And could you please explain how I have to do this, I've downloaded the program and my sysex file are loaded inside the program.

Go to the "program change" preferences and check the "listen for program changes" checkbox. This will add a column in SysEx Librarian that allows you to attach a program change number to each sysex file. When MainStage sends out the appropriate program change number and SysEx Librarian receives it, then the corresponding sysex will be send out on SysEx Librarian's destination port.