Logic 9 won´t bypass the control surface

F.A.D.

Helle everyone,

Logic 9 will not bypass my mackie C4 when it´s in background but I told it to in the control surface preference ("bypass All when in background").

I´ve got a Jomox Airbase 99 (analog drumsynth) which is a rack module with only one knob to edit sounds. The C4 comes with the amazing C4 Commander Software which turns your C4 in great Midicontroller for Synths etc. In the C4 Software I created a layout for the Airbase 99 to edit all Parameters directly and it works great.

What I want is to work in Logic and then switch over to the C4 Commander Software to edit the Airbase over the C4. When I understood the function ""bypass All when in background" correctly, Logic will ignore any control surface inputs when the program is in background (an other program is selected). So when I switch to the C4 Commander Software Logic should ignore everything I´m doing on the C4.

But it doesn't !!!!!

There are some strange things happening in Logic when I´m using the C4 Commander Software, some faders jump etc. so in my opinion Logic is not bypassing the control surface when in background.

Thank for all your thoughts in advance,

kind regards,

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...