New I/O plug in, how it works?

praecox

It is definately an improvement from the first one but was buggy in 9.01. In 9.02 they fixed a bug where upon altering the output and input levels it would stay fixed at -25db. The ping seems more accurate this time around too, though a bit weird at times, it seems to add values to the previous value with more pings and it's a little odd when you get positives samples one ping and negative samples the next. Presets still don't recall though. But regardless, i've gotten it to work and sound in sync to my ears.

what i'm trying to do is make my Nord Lead 2 in sync with the rest of other soft synths AND route it to the Logic Aux where the other soft synths are compressed with side chained compressor.

basicallly i want my Nord to be processed by Logic plugins like others soft synths.

thnx in advance

j

what i'm trying to do is make my Nord Lead 2 in sync with the rest of other soft synths AND route it to the Logic Aux where the other soft synths are compressed with side chained compressor.

basicallly i want my Nord to be processed by Logic plugins like others soft synths.

What do you need the I/O plug-in for if you're not using external effects? Record the Nords audio output to an audio track. Then just mix normally.

i know i can just record it without but i need the I/O plug in to work on the midi sequence and i want it to be in sync during working process.

right?

of course i can bypass logic any monitor my Nord Lead just in the mixing desk but it's a compromise. i can't use the plug ins then.

maybe I/O plug in is not the best solution for this purpose but i have tryed External Instrument plug in before and there is no PDC for the incoming signal.

thnx j

maybe I/O plug in is not the best solution for this purpose but i have tryed External Instrument plug in before and there is no PDC for the incoming signal.

The I/O plug is the incorrect tool for what you want to accomplish. If you want to monitor your keyboard with plug-ins while you're recording MIDI with it, then there is going to be a delay. That's life. There is no delay compensation that would allow Logic to look into the future and see what you are going to play. What you can do is try to find some cheezy sounding low latency plugs to do what you want, or what is most common is to have a multi-effects box in your cue feed and set up your effects with that. I keep an old Yamaha ProMix and some old rack effects around for just this purpose.

The I/O plug is the incorrect tool for what you want to accomplish. If you want to monitor your keyboard with plug-ins while you're recording MIDI with it, then there is going to be a delay. That's life. There is no delay compensation that would allow Logic to look into the future and see what you are going to play. What you can do is try to find some cheezy sounding low latency plugs to do what you want, or what is most common is to have a multi-effects box in your cue feed and set up your effects with that. I keep an old Yamaha ProMix and some old rack effects around for just this purpose.

ok, i have understood your point. thank for that.

so the I/O plug in needs to informations: in/out for the same signal to effectively measure the delay and compensate it, right? then it works.

i will try.

best, j

so the I/O plug in needs to informations: in/out for the same signal to effectively measure the delay and compensate it, right? then it works.

It measures the delay imposed on the audio in a loop circuit. The time it takes "audio" to get through the interface driver, out of your interface, in and out of your effects box, back through your interface and into Logic's mixer again. This can be an appreciable time, depending on many variables, so don't think you can use this live with any kind of decent timing. Really for mixdown only.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi fader8,

Could you please help me a iitle with a proper use of I/O Plug in with my hardware effects processor? It is really not clear for me.

I'm sending an audio signal from the "Audio 1" (by Send) to the"Aux 1" channel where i have put I/O Plug In.

Outputs of "Audio 1" and "Aux 1" are "Outputs 5-6".

I/O Plugin is configured like this: "Outputs 7-8" and "Inputs 7-8".

Is it how it should be done? Why the "Solo" on Aux doesn't work?

Thnx

j

1644943083_Picture2.png.0f7da68dadb22388387ca9cd4826deeb.png

I/O Plugin configuration