Indigo Virus TDM plug not working properly in LogicStudio 9

sunbiz

I've just upgraded to Logic Studio 9 from Logic Studio 8

My issue:

Now my Digi TDM synth Indigo does not work properly.

I can insert the plug in the channel strip but I get no sound outputting from it.

When I insert an instance of the TDM ESX 24 on the same channel strip, no problem.

In my previous Environment under Logic Studio 8 - the Indigo works properly (using the Audacity Works guide for setting up a TDM environment)

I have tried creating new instruments on the Midi Environment page from scratch and routing them to the appropriate channel as indicated in this fourm

"• Now the only way to trigger the Indigo is if our MIDI environment sees it. So let's open our MIDI environment (in the Arrange, hold down CONTROL and double-click a MIDI track), and under the "New" menu, select "Instrument". A little keyboard icon should appear. In the MIDI object parameter box (left-hand side of the window), under "Port", you should see "Indigo 1a". Select it. Name the object "Indigo". Close the environment window. "

But currently this method is unsuccessful for me.

Makes no sense why the TDM ESX 24 will will work but not the Indigo ?

I've checked the Environment page and nothings is different (that I can see...)

Any advice ? Thanks in advance.

System Specs:

Mac Pro ( Quad Core Intel Xeon / OS 10.5.8 / RAM 4 Gigs DDR2 )

Protools 8.0.1 (HD 2)

Digi 96 i/o

Digi C/24 control surface

Logic Studio 8 & 9 (9.0.2)

Hi,

I just checked, and it's working fine here.

You need to first set up a TDM aux channel, and insert indigo on it.

Then go to arrange and create an external midi track. From here you need to choose Indigo 1a etc. for the port on the new external midi track.

You do need to create the external midi track, as it doesn't work the same was as an ESX 24 aux track, where you can just record or play midi right to the DAE aux track..

I hope that helps..

Which version of Pro Tools do you have installed?

I've got the latest updates of PT (8.01 I think) and Logic 9.2, and it works here on OSX 10.5. (In fact, this combo seems to work extremely well so far for Logic TDM, but I've only been back in Logic TDM land for a day after having given up on it last year).

Did you have PT installed first before Logic?

Another suggestion would be to try reinstalling Logic maybe..

I've got the latest updates of PT (8.01 I think) and Logic 9.2, and it works here on OSX 10.5. (In fact, this combo seems to work extremely well so far for Logic TDM, but I've only been back in Logic TDM land for a day after having given up on it last year)

That's good to hear. I have heard people are having problems with Logic 9.02 TDM. Which cs of PT exactly are you having success with, and which Mac OS 10.5.x? Are you using DTDM or Core Audio in addition to TDM?