EXS24 doesn't show my gigasamples in menu amymore...

chuckk1

Am not very smart at this stuff. Please help. I have a ton of GIGA samples on a dedicated external FW drive (hooked up to my Mini). When I call up the EXS24 sampler and go to load it, I usually see "garage" and "factory", and in the "factory" sub-menu I usually see my Gigasampler folder (or hard drive) in italics. From that I can navigate to all my Giga sounds. Turned it on tonight and the giga folder wasn't in the "factory" list. I remember something about having to put an alias of the giga drive into Logic's sound folder but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this or get back to where I was a few days ago. I haven't done anything out of the ordinary to my system....

Won't know until I get home tonight and implement the change, but I checked my duplicate system here at work. Went to my Mac Mini's internal drive >library>application support>logic>sampler instruments>....

and there in the list was an alias of my "GIGASAMPLER STUFF" folder, and an alias of my "GIGA WORK DRIVE". I remember someone telling me I had to put both these things here. I can't remember but I don't think I found these on my home system last night. Don't know why they would have moved unless doing a system drive back-up to a new external FW drive could have caused this. Will follow this up with results later tonight.

My favorite drums - Real Giga Drums, kit # 4 economic - will not load....not from any of 4 different drives that all have the same stuff on them. So I am convinced now that it is not data corruption, but some strange bug in LOGIC that is preventing the loading of this particular filegroup. Kit #5 also will not load. 1,2,& 3 all load fine. I can load individual instruments from kit #4, but nt the whole kit. What the Hell is wrong here?

I am losing my GIGA library. First it was Real Giga drums #4. Now most of my extensive GIGA samples will not load into the EXS24. I am beginning to suspect the LOGIC software itself being infected or damaged. I can see now why LOGIC is becoming less and less popular and how PRoTools 8 may be the way to go. This cross-platform stuff is for the birds....