Audio Into Synth?

arkay

Slightly offtopic but is there any plugin that converts an audio signal ( a sample on vinyl for example) into a synth sound?

I mean it detects certain transients in the audio and converts them to sound different to the source material, hence making it sound synthy, vocoded, whatever?

I don't think I've explained it well..

Hope somebody understands though

Resynthesis. Kind of like vocoding on steroids. On the low priced scale you can build something pretty good in Reaktor. Moving up in complexity and/or price, etc., is Supercollider, Max/MSP and Kyma. All depends on how far you want to go with it. There's a few resynthesis plug-in instruments out there, but I haven't looked for a while.

Ok Kyma is way too expensive...Its over 3,000 USD!

It looks amazing though!

Guys will you take a look at the link below:

http://www.symbolicsound.com/cgi-bin/bin/view/Learn/VideoTutorialIntroSourceCombinersModifiers

Its a link to the Kyma video...If you scroll almost right to the end (wii controllers) part; I want a synth that can do exactly this. Take multiple files simultaneously and apply synthesis creating a weird textural pad. Dogs barking, water stream, train all mixed up.

Is there any synth out there that can do this?

Thanks

Ok Kyma is way too expensive...Its over 3,000 USD!

Used to be several times that. I've got a small fortune invested in mine!

...If you scroll almost right to the end (wii controllers) part; I want a synth that can do exactly this. Take multiple files simultaneously and apply synthesis creating a weird textural pad. Dogs barking, water stream, train all mixed up.

Is there any synth out there that can do this?

The only thing Carla is doing in that part of the video is controlling a mixer. You can actually do that in Logic with Osculator and Wiimotes. But if you want to do that, and add pitch manipulation, cross-synthesis, morphing, granularization etc., etc., all in real time, then you need Kyma. The Camel Alchemy suggestion would get you part way there. Try it out.

Fader, are you familiar with any reaktor ensembles that might be similar to Kyma??

Similar to Kyma, how? You're going to have to be way more specific. Reaktor can do some things Kyma can do, but both are highly flexible in their own way. If you want to create an ensemble in Reaktor that simply mixes multiple audio streams based on some kind of trigger and control mechanism, then that's pretty simple. You could even program the EXS24 to do that as well.