Audio Recording - noise\feedback loop

Nelson

Hi there

I only do very basic recordings (audio and ESXE24) and have an old version of logic that I use on a PC that I use only very occasionally due work/family commitments taking up most of my time; however I decided to take a week off work to do some recording but it has all gone horribly wrong.

I recently got a new PC and installed my old Logic on it and set it up the same as my old one (as far as I can tell) but I can’t record audio which is really frustrating!

The issue is that as soon as I check the record enable button on an Audio track, any sound picked up on the microphone starts going into a frenzied feedback loop. When I actually I mute my mic and start recording, the midi click gets involved too. When I play back an audio recording all the loop noise I heard while recording is present.

I have spent the last 2 days trying to trouble shoot this but the only conclusion I have come to is that the problem seems to be with logic because the basic audio recording software that came with my audio driver works ok.

I am using:

Logic 5 Platinum recording using ASIO

High spec PC with Audigy X-FI sound card

I know that most if not all of you will be Apple users and have more up to date version but any help, thoughts, or suggestions will be welcomed!

Thanks

Nelson