Please Locate prompt for audio files launching Logic

soulfusion

• 3 years later...

@David, I'm having the same issue as the OP... I properly locate the missing file(s) at the loading of a project--but the next time I load the project--the exact same missing file(s) appear.

It's as if Logic is only opening the missing file(s) but not remembering to save the new directory location(s). When working on such project(s), everything is absolutely normal if I properly locate the item(s). I believe most--if not all--of my missing item(s) are Ultrabeat samples. Is this a particular known glitch of Ultrabeat? When in the project Ultrabeat plays the sample from the known location, and it's properly located in the sample directory of the plugin. But Logic Pro asks me "Please Locate" the samples every time I open up the project again... Are you aware of a remedy for this problem?

Any help would be very kind,

I'm running Logic Pro 8.6.

@David, I'm having the same issue as the OP... I properly locate the missing file(s) at the loading of a project--but the next time I load the project--the exact same missing file(s) appear.

You forgot the last step in my instructions:

Open your Logic file, help it find the files as prompted upon opening the file, and save the file.