Beatmapping Question

oceantracks

OK, so I'm playing around and I think I've got the idea here with beatmapping an audio file. I tried it on a file that had a strong drum track and was able to line up the hits after choosing "Detect" etc.

But I'm wondering, what if the file had been a slow dreamy orchestral thing with no clear beat....is there a way to ADD a transient marker so you could line that up with a barline or beat?

Thanks

Tom

You can definitely do that- I'm assuming you're on version 9. I'll be the first to tell you to post your system specs just like the moderators do! That way no one has to guess.

And except for telling you it is possible to add your own transient markers, that's all I can tell you, except to read the manual and also that there are tons- tons- of videos about this on Youtube. Logic is more popular than ever, and there are a lot of talented folk out there making videos. I don't have time to find the one that specifies the manual adding of transient markers, but this series by Steve Horelick will sure get to it sooner or later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H44XTHv7IY0&feature=PlayList&p=14B1E42B1BAE8CBF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

Steve's stuff is excellent, and for sale, so I don't know how much is on Youtube. I can tell you the SFLogicninja is for free and also very good.

Hope this helps, L

You can definitely do that- I'm assuming you're on version 9. I'll be the first to tell you to post your system specs just like the moderators do! That way no one has to guess.

And except for telling you it is possible to add your own transient markers, that's all I can tell you, except to read the manual and also that there are tons- tons- of videos about this on Youtube. Logic is more popular than ever, and there are a lot of talented folk out there making videos. I don't have time to find the one that specifies the manual adding of transient markers, but this series by Steve Horelick will sure get to it sooner or later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H44XTHv7IY0&feature=PlayList&p=14B1E42B1BAE8CBF&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=4

Steve's stuff is excellent, and for sale, so I don't know how much is on Youtube. I can tell you the SFLogicninja is for free and also very good.

Hope this helps, L

Thanks. Well I tried the L9 "online user manual" under beatmapping and it didn't have anything that pertained to my question so I guess I will keep digging around...

Thanks

Tom