Album Finished (at last)

aliensong

Hi there good people.

I haven't posted on the forum for ages but I'm very appreciative of the help I have received when I was first getting my head around Logic. :D

I have just finished recording an album that I started 3 1/2 years ago! I certainly haven't been working solidly on for that length of time, it has been interrupted by several house moves, having children....etc.

Anyway I humbly present a link to my myspace page in the hope that some of you will choose to have a listen and maybe you'll enjoy the songs.

All of it was recorded using Logic Pro 7 on my 1.67GHz Powerbook G4 using a Presonus Firepod audio interface and various mics.

http://www.myspace.com/alansouthgatemusic

Thanks a lot.

Im a total newbie to Logic and digital recording period, but man, i really enjoy your music! Very clever writing and i love the general vibe! Is your stuff available for DL anywhere? I'd like to have a listen in my car.

Again, i'm as green as they come, but i'm curious as to how the bass guitar was recorded in "Ring in Insane", if you'd be generous enough share. Any details about the acoustic guitar in "I wore this t-shirt" as well would be appreciated. My apologies if i'm overstepping my bounds here, but i loved those tones. And i'm in desperate need of some pointers in recording bass and acoustic.

Great voice as well!

Kudos to you - i'm enjoying very much - enough to register here and post!

Hey thanks for your generous comments, I'm glad you appreciate my music, it means a lot to me. :D

i'm curious as to how the bass guitar was recorded in "Ring in Insane", if you'd be generous enough share. Any details about the acoustic guitar in "I wore this t-shirt" as well would be appreciated. My apologies if i'm overstepping my bounds here, but i loved those tones. And i'm in desperate need of some pointers in recording bass and acoustic.

Hey Chimpotle, I have no closely guarded secrets, I'm happy yo share.

The bass guitar was played by a friend of mine through his Focusrite Liquid Channel (I have no idea what settings we used) straight into Logic via my Presonus Firepod, no other fancy tricks were used. The acoustic guitar was recorded in the live room of a friends studio. Three mics were used (I can't remember what they were), one pointing more towards the neck and headstock, another one focused on the body and the third mic was used to capture the room ambience.

If you are starting out I can really recommend this book:

http://www.mixingwithyourmind.com/book.php

I owe my mixing technique almost exclusively to the methods laid out there.

As for the availability of my music; the album should be released on the Hungry Audio label sometime next year. I have just started a blog where I'm posting a song a week for a year (gulp!) those songs are recorded very simply and I'm inviting listeners to download them and then vote on their favourite one from each month. The top thirteen will get turned into my second album in the autumn of 2010. Please comment and get involved if you feel moved to!

http://touchablenumbers.blogspot.com/

I have another album that got shelved a few years ago I'm going to put that up on band camp soon, you'll be able to download that for free. I'll send you a PM or add to this thread when I've got round to doing that.

Cheers.