Logic always asks me to register when I boot it up

jrm14

No, Logic 9 started doing that for some reason- and it also made it so you had to re-register Logic 8 if you used it, and some of the other bundled apps. My guess is that you haven't yet updated your software to 9.0.2, which took care of the problem for me. I haven't had it happen lately, anyway, and while I never saw an explicit fix for this in the documentation, I stopped thinking about it since it hasn't been much of an issue.

Good luck, L

No, Logic 9 started doing that for some reason- and it also made it so you had to re-register Logic 8 if you used it, and some of the other bundled apps. My guess is that you haven't yet updated your software to 9.0.2, which took care of the problem for me. I haven't had it happen lately, anyway, and while I never saw an explicit fix for this in the documentation, I stopped thinking about it since it hasn't been much of an issue.

Good luck, L

Thanks Larry. I am on 9.0.2 and still this happens. One thing after another these days!!

open Terminal paste this in at the prompt.

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.RegLogicStudio AECoreTechRegister YES

i did this for one of my students who is not on the net but wanted the message to go away. found it on the web somewhere . it works.