double sided page score?

thekish

Didn't know where exactly to put this question. Sorry if it's not in the right place.

If you have to print out a score, should you have each page be double sided (printing on the front and back of each page) or single sided? I'm printing out a few multi-page scores for a college audition, and because I'm printing them double sided on regular printer paper, the printing on the back side of each page is pretty visible from the front. I'm having the scores wire-bound in a booklet form to look a bit more professional. Any other suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

If the piece isn't too long, consider printing on card stock. That way there's no chance for bleedthrough, and, the pages won't curl. Otherwise, you'll need to get a heavier weight paper to prevent bleedthrough. Normal copier/printer paper is usually not thick enough to prevent bleedthrough.

Also, regarding binding the scores, make sure you leave enough room in the margins so that when the pages are punched to accept the binding that it doesn't punch holes in the music itself.

Also, regarding binding the scores, make sure you leave enough room in the margins so that when the pages are punched to accept the binding that it doesn't punch holes in the music itself.

...and don't forget (for printing front/back): you could consider to use "Alternating Margins" in Layout > Global Format > Global tab...

Edited by gribit