Snapping to markers and/or playhead

thirdspace

What I would like to be able to do is create scene markers for a movie (I'm OK with that), then go to a scene marker (also OK with that), then have a region snap to the scene marker, or the playhead (which is at the same position). GarageBand has a really nice visual way of doing this with 'magnetic' scene markers, but I can't seem to replicate this behavior in Logic. Any ideas gratefully appreciated.

then have a region snap to the scene marker, or the playhead (which is at the same position).

Assign a key command to Pickup Clock. This will move the event/region to the playhead position. Note that it references the audio region's anchor point, not the start of the region, (unless they are the same). This is handy if you want to spot an event within an audio region to the playhead position.

Thanks for the replies. I have combined two commands as follows:

Go to next/previous marker (which moves the playhead to the beginning of a scene marker)

Pickup Clock (Move to playhead position)

Not too bad if you assign (and remember) the key commands

But really I just wanted to pick up a region with the mouse and have it snap to a marker or the playhead.

I guess that's a bit too Garageband-like...