Assign Space bar key com. to Start play from Selection

djsanjeev

Hi

How to assign the space bar to play/stop from beginning of a selected region in the arrange window using the Space bar

I managed to assign it in key commands but instead of toggling Start/Stop ,the playhead would just jump to the beginning of the selection like a loop

I am making a switch from Ableton live and am still used to this feature

Please help

Hi

How to assign the space bar to play/stop from beginning of a selected region in the arrange window using the Space bar

I managed to assign it in key commands but instead of toggling Start/Stop ,the playhead would just jump to the beginning of the selection like a loop

I am making a switch from Ableton live and am still used to this feature

Please help

It sounds like you want to always play from the beginning of the selected region, but you want it to start/stop from any position and NOT jump back to the start.

There are many commands for PLAY, some will start and stop based on when you press the Spacebar (or set key ). They can get confusing if you don't know which one you set, or why you set it.

You can experiment and change the commands over to suit your needs.

Right now I have my Spacebar set to START/STOP FORM LAST PLAY POSITION.

518393629_Picture1.png.9af618457af8e0aa7b4caa7a3ec65dd8.png

Tnx for the help,but its not working the way i hoped

Is it possible to mimic ableton lives behavior by

1) Play from the selected bar/beat(to what the snap value is set) from clicking with mouse anywhere on the arrange window using the space bar and

2)if it contains a region(audio/midi) and if that is selected then to play from the top of the seleted region of the arrange window

Its exactly how ableton live behaves