Logic Pro malloc: *** Non aligned pointer [SOLVED]

slrxm94

Logic keeps giving me errors "disk too slow or System Overload. (-10008)"

I have looked in console and also have these errors related to logic in there

05/11/2009 19:04:26 0x0-0x1c01c.com.apple.logic.pro181 Logic Pro(181,0x3218720) malloc: *** error for object 0x63289690: Non-aligned pointer being freed (2)

05/11/2009 19:04:26 0x0-0x1c01c.com.apple.logic.pro181 *** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug

05/11/2009 19:04:26 0x0-0x1c01c.com.apple.logic.pro181 size: 65536

05/11/2009 19:04:26 0x0-0x1c01c.com.apple.logic.pro181 Digest is: dcce8dbfd20f1639b655209b4993805f

05/11/2009 19:04:26 0x0-0x1c01c.com.apple.logic.pro181 size: 2359296

Here is my system info

Machine

Mac Pro 2008 2 x 3ghz Quad core Xeon

10.5.8 (have installed the combo update twice to remove disk perm issues reported with the update)

12 gig of Ram

Drives

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ:

Capacity: 931.51 GB

Splt into 2 halfs System and Audio backup

both over 100gb free

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ:

Capacity: 931.51 GB

Splt into 2 halfs System backup and Audio

both over 100gb free

WDC WD5000AAKS-41YGA0:

Capacity: 465.76 GB

Just contains install data

Logic version

Logic 9.0.2

Edited by slrxm94

Logic keeps giving me errors "disk too slow or System Overload. (-10008)"

When doing what? Playing? Recording? How many tracks? Automating plug-ins? etc...

Also when you get that alert, is your CPU meter peaking? Is your HD meter peaking? (those are in the Transport bar. You can double-click the meters to get a floating window with more detailed meters).

It seems to happen on all songs I have been trying to pin down a plugin but from what I understand it has something to do with logics memory allocation ........ as in it is trying to read blocks of memory that are not in 16 byte blocks I have deleted the cache and moved all audio data including sampler instruments onto a different drive (spinpoint) and also cleared all logic preference files

what im looking for is any other suggestions as im stuck now

from what I understand it has something to do with logics memory allocation ........ as in it is trying to read blocks of memory that are not in 16 byte blocks

Can you share with us the information that leads you to think that?

I have deleted the cache

What cache?

and moved all audio data including sampler instruments onto a different drive (spinpoint)

Why?

I have been trying to pin down a plugin

How? And what where your results?

As you can see, the more detailed you are in the information you share with us, the easier it's going to be to help you.

from what I understand it has something to do with logics memory allocation ........ as in it is trying to read blocks of memory that are not in 16 byte blocks

Can you share with us the information that leads you to think that?

http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2007/Nov/msg01081.html

http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread225254-2.html

I have deleted the cache

What cache?

and moved all audio data including sampler instruments onto a different drive (spinpoint)
Why?

Beacuse I reported disk too slow on some other forums and they said it might b due to my audio data (song audio and sampler instraments) being on the system drives

I have been trying to pin down a plugin

How? And what where your results?

Not much to report here as I cant pin it down but here are some of the plugs I use

PSP Vintage Warmer 2

T-Racks 3

Izotope Alloy

Ampeg

Kontakt 3.5

Decimort

Sonalksis Maxlimit

Sonalksis SV315Mk2

FabFilter Volcano

FabFilter Pro C

Guitair Rig

KR Fatter

Ozone 4

Alchemy

Dimension Pro

do you think it would resolve this issue if I go to snow leopard ?

sorry I did miss a few

just when playing no Recording or automation and it was smaller than the last project I was actually working on in LP7

The CPU and Disk i/o meters are both low but I have noticed in activity monitor (under disk) that as soon as logic loads even with no project or an empty project the levels of both reads and writes spikes to 100% and then stays steady at 50% until I close logic

Number of tracks is 24 tracks of audio (just short drum clips ) and 10 instruments it is quite a lot in some ways but if the comp was under strain it should show in the performance monitor

I regularly have 25 audio and 25 inst in LP7 without the Disk too slow so I am confused if there is an error in compatibility with LP9 and some plugs or a actual issue with my system and LP9 ?

One other thing that points to compatibility for me is that if I toggle any setting in preferences and apply changes (to restart core audio) it is fine again for about 10 mins again

any advice or help you can give would help a lot as I dont know what might be causing it

Edited by slrxm94