creating single keystroke measures that follow a kick beat

Is it possible to play and hold one midi note and have it conform to another midi files rhythm. I am in the process of building a strum generator for RealStrat, but would like to take it a step further to the bass as well. I want to be able to play and hold notes for example for a whole measure and it read the beats of another file on incoming and play multiple notes instead.

A simple example would be a four on the floor drumbeat. I already have the 4 kicks from the drum midi file. could I program an environment to force the 4 quarter notes on the beat from the drum file to be created the different note that I play for the whole measure? If someone could give some advice that would be awesome...

I have attached three pictures... the first is the kick beat of the drum... the second is the notes that I would like the beats of the first pic to follow, and the third shows how the new file would be different. It is so difficult to explain these ideas, so if that is still confusing please let me know.

btw my wife thinks I am a huge nerd... I sat and read the logic manual for like 2 hours trying to figure out if this was possible... You guys have really been very helpful for me while I try to learn this new language of Logic... was always a guitar guy and now enjoy programming just as much... kudos to many people here who help me out... thanks again...

Curtis

1592132370_Screenshot2009-11-06at11_18_56PM.png.ac58ac815a0d45e6d7474a023065f0fc.png

644470984_Screenshot2009-11-06at11_20_26PM.png.ff1d7ccc0e1f566da0375a54bcbfc748.png

483565584_Screenshot2009-11-06at11_40_42PM.png.037f7ca5989f8be103569e4a49bf4028.png

Actually it sound like you want to learn how to sidechain. Essentially that when you, for instance, have a bass and a kick and you insert a compressor or gate say on the bass, "sidechain" it to the kick. So now the comp/gate you used will be triggerred by the kick track info.

There is a good tutorial by sflogininja on you tube all about sidechaining. it sound help. It sound like you be wanting to sidechain a gate instead of a compressor though.

good luck

Ir5Tni_EBIE

Actually it sound like you want to learn how to sidechain.

I think Touch Tracks, or the Chord Memorizer, actually. But . . .

could I program an environment to force the 4 quarter notes on the beat from the drum file to be created the different note that I play for the whole measure?

This sentence makes no sense, so it's hard to tell.

I will try to explain again...

I have a drum midi file in track 1. In this simple drum track it has a 4 on the floor beat (4 quarter notes in a 4/4 measure). the drum track from track 1 has a copied alias in track 2. Track 2 is a environment instrument that I will use to send midi info into some kind of process (this is what I don't know) to follow chords in a different track.

stay with me...

Track 3 has a one whole note on D3. With these 3 tracks and the midi info from track 1 and track 3 can I route this through some sort of process in the environment to create a new midi track that has 4 quarter notes on D3? this is very simple example, but I would build it into something more complex later.

what are touch tracks? Oh and I know how to side chain, but in the end this will serve a different purpose than that. Unless you are talking about something different than ducking on beats and such.

I want the beats from one midi file, and the notes from another midi file to create a new midi file.

Hopefully this makes more sense... like I said it is sometimes hard to explain what you hear, or think in your head.

thanks again

Curtis

back to the books I guess....

I don't think Touch Tracks are what you want, based on your last post. Is my assumption here correct?

If you are asking whether you can change in real time all the note numbers in one track to be the note you are playing, or is sequenced, on another track, then yes this is do-able, and pretty easy.

If so, then a transformer object with some other fiddly stuff is all you'll need.